Regulation of Practice

All physiotherapists in Canada must be registered with the appropriate provincial regulatory body in order to practice in that province. Each regulatory body has a separate and distinct registration process, however, in all circumstances, a degree in physiotherapy is required.

Graduates must successfully complete the Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE) in order to practice in the province of Ontario, and most other provinces in Canada. This examination is administered the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators (The Alliance).