This message contains important information about the upcoming holiday closures or changes in hours of service at McMaster University and in the Health Sciences Centre (aka McMaster University Medical Centre) building.
The university is closed from Wednesday Dec. 25, 2019 through Wednesday Jan. 1, 2020 with the exception of essential services. The University re-opens Thursday Jan. 2, 2020.
Please visit the links below for specific information about hours and/or closures during this time:
David Braley Health Science Centre Holiday Information and Closures
For hours of service for the Baywest Café, the Corner Café, the McMaster Give Shop, and the Giving Blooms in effect from Monday December 16, 2019 until Monday January 5, 2020, please visit see here.
Williams Fresh Café (Ewart Angus Centre)
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Dec. 6 - 19
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dec. 20 - Jan. 1
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Jan. 2 & 3, 2020
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Jan. 4 & 5
University Central Facilities Services
The University would like to ensure that campus buildings energy consumption is minimized over the holiday break.
You can help by the following actions before leaving for holidays:
- Unplugging any unnecessary equipment. Plugged in equipment continues to consume power even when not turned on.
- Turning off lights
- Closing off fume hood sashes and water taps in labs.
Facility Services will be setting back facility heating and cooling systems to conserve energy.
Customer Service Centre ext. 24740
Facilities Services Website Alerts: http://ppims.services.mcmaster.ca/pplant/alerts.html
HHS Engineering (MUMC/HSC) Emergency Contact: Customer Service Centre ext. 75501
The opportunity for theft rises when the University is closed. Here are tips to help create a safe and secure environment:
- Work areas particularly those unoccupied or isolated should be locked even if you are leaving your work area for a short time such as for lunch coffee break, or photocopying.
- Lock up all personal valuables and equipment example: purses, wallets, cell phones, laptop computers, keys.
- Make sure that your purse, briefcase, gifts, pager, cell phone, laptop computer, or other items of value are not left in plain view in your vehicle or work area. Ensure that all persons assigned to work in your area wear identification badges at all times.
- Items of value should be left at home, do not bring items to work, but if you must, be sure to have them locked up at all times.
- Actual or potential breeches in security including lost keys access cards and HHS photo identification need to be reported to security immediately.
- Any suspicious persons or activity should be immediately reported to Security Services. Suspicious activity includes anything that seems out of the ordinary for whatever reason.
ALL THEFTS ARE TO BE REPORTED TO SECURITY SERVICES
McMaster Security ext. 24281 or 88
HHS Security ext. 74444
St. Joseph's Healthcare ext. 33280 – Switchboard (905) 522-1155
Hospital Services & Schedules
For hospital services and schedules, please visit the links:
Deadline for outgoing mail will be December 11, and we will continue to process your mail up to December 23. The last day for mail delivery and pick-up from Canada Post will be December 23, 2019.
There will be no further pick-up or delivery of mail until we return to regular operations on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Hamilton Health Sciences Ward Ave shuttle service will not be available from Tuesday, December 24th, 2019 through to Wednesday, January 1st 2020
Regular shuttle service will resume as of Thursday January 2, 2020.
- South Garage afterhours transponder holders:
o Transponders will allow a 24 hours access to the South garage on these days.
- Ward Ave. parkers with no afterhours transponder
o please park in the Underground Garage by taking a ticket to enter
o upon exiting- visit Parking Office to have ticket validated, or
o press the “Help” button at the exit gate for assistance to allow exit
Should you have any questions please contact the HHS Parking office at: ext. 76156 or email@example.com