Holiday closures at the Faculty of Health Sciences
Although many of the faculty, staff and students of the Faculty of Health Sciences will be enjoying a seasonal break, some people will still need to access services within the campus or hospitals during that time.
Here is important information about Holiday closures or changes in hours of service at McMaster University and in the Health Sciences Centre (also known as the McMaster University Medical Centre).
With the exception of essential services, McMaster University is closed at the end of the day Friday, Dec. 23, 2022, and reopens on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2023.
Visit the links below for specific information about hours and/or closures during this time
David Braley Health Science Centre Holiday Information and Closures
Dec. 23 Building open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dec. 25, 26, 27 CLOSED
Dec. 28 Building open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dec. 29 Building open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dec. 30 Building open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Jan. 2 Back to normal hours, the building is open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Williams Fresh Café (Ewart Angus Centre)
Friday, Dec. 23 8 a.m.to 1 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 24 to Jan. 3 Closed
Wednesday, Jan. 4 Open regular hours (daily from 8 a.m.to 3 p.m.)
Baywest Café (1st floor, Red Section of Health Sciences Centre)
Thursday, Dec. 22 & Friday, Dec. 23 Open 24 hours
Saturday, Dec. 24 Closes at 5 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 25 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 26 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 27 Opens 8 a.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 28 to Friday, Dec. 30 24 hours
Saturday, Dec. 31 Closing at 5 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 1 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 2 Opens 8 a.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 3 24 hours
Wednesday, Jan. 4 24 hours
For hours at the McMaster Give Shop, and Giving Blooms during the holidays, please visit: hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/about-us/our-organization/our-locations/mcmaster-childrens-hospital/food-shops/
Help ensure that campus building energy consumption is minimized over the holiday break
Facility Services asks you to take the following actions before leaving for holidays:
- Unplug any unnecessary equipment, it can still consume power.
- Turn off lights.
- Close off fume hood sashes and water taps in labs.
Facility Services will be setting back facility heating and cooling systems to conserve energy.
Customer Service Centre ext. 24740
University Facility Services https://facilities.mcmaster.ca/
FHS/HHS Engineering (MUMC/HSC) Emergency Contact Customer Service Centre ext. 75501
Help create a safe and secure environment
The opportunity for theft rises when the University is closed. Here are tips to help create a safe and secure environment:
- Work areas, particularly those unoccupied or isolated, should be locked even if you are leaving your work area for a short time such as for lunch coffee break, or photocopying.
- Lock up all personal valuables and equipment such as purses, wallets, cell phones, laptop computers, keys.
- Make sure your purse, briefcase, gifts, pager, cell phone, laptop or other items of value are not left in plain view in your vehicle or work area. Ensure all persons assigned to work in your area wear identification badges at all times.
- Items of value should be left at home, if you must bring items to work, be sure to have them locked up at all times.
- Actual or potential breeches in security including lost keys, access cards and HHS photo identification need to be reported to security immediately.
- Any suspicious persons or activity should be immediately reported to Security Services. Suspicious activity includes anything that seems out of the ordinary for whatever reason.
- All thefts are to be reported to security services.
HHS Security ext. 74444
McMaster Security ext. 24281 or 88
St. Joseph’s Healthcare ext. 33280 – Switchboard (905) 522-1155
For hospital services and schedules, please visit the links: