March is National Nutrition Month!
Here is a highlight of McMaster's Centre for Metabolism, Obesity and Diabetes Research Investigators contributions to research in the field of nutrition.
- Effect of Exclusive Enteral Nutrition and Corticosteroid Induction Therapy on the Gut Microbiota of Pediatric Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency Alters the Gut Microbiota in a Murine Model of Colitis
- A Five-Ingredient Nutritional Supplement and Home-Based Resistance Exercise Improve Lean Mass and Strength in Free-Living Elderly
- The effect of meal frequency on biochemical cardiometabolic factors: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- Methodological Issues and the Impact of Age Stratification on the Proportion of Participants with Low Appendicular Lean Mass When Adjusting for Height and Fat Mass Using Linear Regression: Results from the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging
- Be Healthy in Pregnancy: Exploring factors that impact pregnant women's nutrition and exercise behaviours
- Addressing embodied inequities in health: how do we enable improvement in women's diet in pregnancy?
- Maternal Diet and the Serum Metabolome in Pregnancy: Robust Dietary Biomarkers Generalizable to a Multiethnic Birth Cohort
- Maternal undernutrition during pregnancy and lactation affects testicular morphology, the stages of spermatogenic cycle, and the testicular IGF-I system in adult offspring
- Association of nut intake with risk factors, cardiovascular disease, and mortality in 16 countries from 5 continents: analysis from the Prospective Urban and Rural Epidemiology (PURE) study
- Knowledge about the Developmental Origins of Health and Disease is independently associated with variation in diet quality during pregnancy
- Strategies for Promoting Healthy Nutrition and Physical Activity Among Young Children: Priorities of Two Indigenous Communities in Canada
- Experiences regarding nutrition and exercise among women during early postpartum: a qualitative grounded theory study