The Chair’s Medical Grand Rounds held on Thursday, March 3 focused on the topic "Developing Platforms for Integrative Clinical Research on Addiction".
The objectives were:
- Prevalence, morbidity, and mortality associated with substance use disorders
- Limitations to traditional experimental clinical research on addiction
- Implementation framework and examples of integrative clinical research initiatives
- Applications in the SJHH/HHS Inpatient Addiction Medicine program.
XXThe speakers were:
- Dr. James MacKillop, Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University.
- Dr. Leslie Martin, Assistant Professor & Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Department of Medicine.
- Dr. Tim O'Shea, Associate Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine.
The presentation is now available on the Department of Medicine YouTube Channel.