MARJORIE ANDERSON FINANCIAL AWARD FOR INDIGENOUS STUDENTS (Application Deadline: May 15, 2020)
This award was established in 2017 in honour of Marjorie Anderson (Class of ’35) of the Six Nations of the Grand River territory, who was the first Indigenous woman to graduate from McMaster.
- Value: $80,000 ($20,000 per year)
Eligibility for Award:
- Self-identify as Inuit, or as Status/Non-status First Nations from the Six Nations of the Grand River or the Mississaugas of the New Credit.
- Students entering McMaster at any level of an undergraduate program. Not open to second degree students.
- Minimum admission average of at least 75%.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Essay describing the influence that your Indigenous heritage has on your volunteer activities, leadership opportunities, university program choice, career path, or other community involvement that is important to you (1 – 2 pages).
- Reference letter from a non-family member.
- Link to Marjorie Anderson Award Application Form