Michael Smith Foundation PRIDoC 2020 Indigenous Medical Student Grant
**Application deadline Friday March 6, 2020**
Through the generosity of The Michael Smith Foundation, we are pleased to announce a $2,000.00 (two thousand dollars) grant for an Indigenous Medical Student to attend PRIDoC Sept 14-18, 2020 in Vancouver B.C. PRIDoC 2020 is an Indigenous-led space for Indigenous physicians, residents and medical students, health researchers, health professionals and allies. We gather around shared issues of concern related to the health and wellness of the many Indigenous communities and nations throughout the Pacific Region.
• Identify as Indigenous
• Currently enrolled in a medical school in Canada
• Attend and fully participate in the conference Monday September 14 to Friday September 18, 2020
• Submit a thank you letter, outlining the benefits of attending PRIDoC 2020 by September 30, 2020.
The Fine Print
This grant may or may not cover the total costs associated with attending PRIDoC 2020. It is the responsibility of the grant recipient to cover any additional costs. The funds must first be used for PRIDoC registration $446.25 (inc GST), leaving $1,553.75 for travel and accommodation. Snacks and meals are included in the PRIDoC 2020 registration fee from the Monday September 14 evening reception to Friday September 18 lunch, but not including dinner Wednesday September 16. Accommodation, if needed, will be at the Sheraton Wall Centre at $239/night plus taxes. We recommend sharing a room with another student to reduce your costs. If you need assistance finding a roommate, we are happy to help.
IPAC will pay the registration fee and accommodation (if needed) from the grant funds directly. The student will send IPAC a copy of their flight receipt and IPAC will reimburse the student with any remaining grant funds. Flights, if needed, must be booked by May 30, 2020.
How to apply
• Read the requirements and the fine print to ensure that this grant is a good fit for you.
• Send a letter of request outlining how you would benefit from attending PRIDoC 2020 to email@example.com by Friday March 6, 5:00pm PST. Include your name, school, year and where you will be traveling from (if applicable). To ensure you application is reviewed, please enter the following in the subject line: MICHAEL SMITH FOUNDATION PRIDoC 2020 GRANT APPLICATION. YOUR NAME.
IPAC will announce the Michael Smith Foundation PRIDoC 2020 Grant Recipient March 11, 2020. All applicants will be notified by email on this date.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org