Gambling disorder has been recognized as the first behavioural addiction, but how do we differentiate between typical and pathological gambling? What are some signs and symptoms? Are there any risk factors? What is the research in this field like? Learn the answers to these questions and more by watching this conversation with Iris Balodis, PhD, an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioural neurosciences at McMaster University.
Links about addiction and addiction research:
- McMaster University Peter Boris Centre for Addictions Research
- McMaster University Centre for Medicinal Cannabis Research
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse