At what point do addictive behaviours become problematic? What standard criteria are used to identify addictions? How has the meaning of addiction changed over time? What treatments are available? Learn the answers to these questions and more by watching this conversation with Iris Balodis, PhD, an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioural neurosciences at McMaster University.
Links about addiction and addiction research:
- McMaster University Peter Boris Centre for Addictions Research
- McMaster University Centre for Medicinal Cannabis Research
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse