An interview with Dr. Gerald Cox
Dr. Gerald Cox, a professor of medicine in the Division of Respirology at McMaster University, conducts research into the basic mechanisms that control inflammation during respiratory diseases, and is head of acute clinical services at the Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton.
- What is idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)? Scar tissue in the lungs.
- What causes IPF? No known cause.
- How will the symptoms affect my life? Shortness of breath.
- What is the prognosis for IPF? Will I die? Progessive condition. Unpredictable rate of progression.
- What else should I know about IPF? An individual journey.