TAs are assigned based on the following sequence of prioritization:
- TA buyouts by supervisor: Graduate students who have been bought out by their supervisor are removed from the list of individuals eligible to TA.
- Specific TA requests by supervisor: If an agreement has been reached by both the potential TA and instructor for the TA to perform a specific assignment, this is assigned.
- Specific course request by TA: An eligible TA is matched with a potential assignment based on their specified preferred courses.
- If no match has been made at this point, the potential TAs background is examined for good matches.
- Marking TA positions are assigned to all individuals still requiring assignment at this point in time.